1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MDMowing, Mar 24, 2003.

1. MDMowing

MDMowing LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Does any buddy else use John Deere. We have a 42" JD LT-160

A 21"? JS63 push mower, and a little Kubota push mower.

I see where a lot of you are using the toro's and WB's and other. How about JD. Anybody use it other than us?

2. spalmer97

spalmer97 LawnSite Member

I am trading in my JD tractor for a Toro WB w/ TBAR and Tru Tark Sulky. Better cut...Zip around obstacles(beds,trees, etc) without stopping which cuts your time in half.
  3. GCS LawnService

GCS LawnService LawnSite Member

I'm currently using John Deere equipment and so far so good. I'm using the JD Z Trax 757's w/ 60" Decks, JD JS60 trim mower, JD GT245 w/54" Deck, JD BP60 Blower and Honda UTM431 4 Stroke Trimmers.

"Nothing Runs Like A Deere" :blob2:
  4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 21" JD push mower that has not been used in over 5 years. It was prepared for long-term storage and now the smallest mower I use it a 36". When I did use the JD it was a very nice unit.

5. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

JD is all I run -
    A 1988 332 50" deck + Flex-Deck - 5000 hrs on it - Purrs like a kitten
    2 all wheel steer JD 455's with Flex-Decks one is mowing 72" and one is mowing 78" - 500hrs and 1100 hrs - No problems
    1 front steer - used for snow blowing - aereating - dethatching - fertilizing - backup mower

When you run JD you really don't need a backup mower though.

Thanks Brad
  6. Lawn Works 1

Lawn Works 1 LawnSite Member

You gotta love JD because they're right "Nothing Runs Like A Deere!" But why is anyone going to buy a JD when you can buy a Great Dane for usually about $2000 less and get pritty much the same thing plus a little more speed?? I'm just asking. I have nothing against JDs they're great but in my opnion your paying a lot extra for that green paint. Anyone feel differently??