1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which mower????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FERT-TEK, Sep 23, 2003.

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the opportunity to purchase either a 54" Wright stander with a 23hp Kaw which has a fixed deck. This unit is a demo and in good condition for $4700 OR a new 48" Great Dane Super Surfer with a 17hp Kohler and a floating deck for $5000. My question or problem is which has a better deck / cut. I have a 6 year old surfer that I can sell at a fair price to a friend to purchase either of these units now. The price is close enough for either of these that cost isn't an issue. Oh by the way, I have only residential accounts which are bluegrass and rye lawns. The extra horses are stearing me toward the Wright but I believe the Dane deck is better. Any thoughts.
  2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I personally would not go with 17 horse on a 48 deck.Not enough for me.But as far as the stander versus the dane,can't help much there.

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks any way! I figured some of you guys would be all over this.
  4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Do a search on STANDER or SUPPER SURFER. I think the stander wins.
  5. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Remember. . .demo mowers go in the "rent car" category. Everybody who used it had to see how fast it could go and how thick of a tree it can cut! For me to make a demo or rental purchase, they'd have to cut that MSRP in a thrid to compensate for all the repairs, headache, and downtime that you can count on it to bring. My advice: keep shoppin'.