Which mowers would you recommed for hard work

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yellowpages77, May 13, 2001.

1. yellowpages77

yellowpages77 LawnSite Member

Hi guys; I have an old 21' 3 speed honda lawn mower. It work great and keep working good until.. The transmition broke.I went to get the new plastic cuz is very ligth and seem to be OK. I didnt know that the new honda leaves a trail of grass on the rigth side. You have to buy a kit that will fix the problem for 29 dls. the problem is that the new honda harmonys dont have a strong vacum system and seem to die on you and gets clog if you dont mow every 15 days.. What do You guys recoomend??? What are you guys using??:confused: Yellowpages77 thanxs hope to hear from youand have a great day:)

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Welcome to LawnSite.com. My JD 21" would probably not work to good if I only mowed mine every 15 days either. I have to mow mine twice a week to keep it looking good. Around here in the spring, they all need mowing twice a week.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i think if you mow it more than once every fifteen days like eric said, it shouldnt be as big of a problem. any small mower like that would clog up with 15 days worth of growth.