1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which of 2 to buy?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Mad_Russian776, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Mad_Russian776

Mad_Russian776 LawnSite Member

I'm considering purchasing an enclosed trailer. I'm trying to decide between two.

Trailer #1 - Brand new. 6'x12' enclosed, ramp gate, side door. Ply wood walls and floor.
    Price $3000

Trailer #2 - originally purchased in 1998, street stroller. In moderate condition w/ rust. 7'x12'. Floor and ramp gate is plated w/ diamond steel (not sure of correct term).
    Price $2500

Essentially, trailer #1 is new but not heavy duty like trailer #2. However, trailer #2 is used and shows signs of such. With your experience, is the heavy duty flooring a significant factor in my decision?...toughts..commments?
  2. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a bit of a dilima, I think in the end it would be better to get a new trailer because then you know what kind of miles and abuse it has taken. I would also pay more for the upgraded floor if you are going to have a bunch of weight on it. A year or two down the road I don't think you will regret the decision. By the way why are you mad?

good luck with your new purchase.

3. Brett's Cutting Edge

Brett's Cutting Edge LawnSite Member
    from novi

trailer 1 is to narrow
  4. mini14

mini14 LawnSite Member

u gonna be pluuing a lot of unneeded weight with that diamond plate. but if u go small u have no xtra room, going bigger and haven left over room is ALLWAYS best