which one 36" quick or ferris 32" hydrocut

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cpt87gn, Jan 20, 2010.

1. cpt87gn

cpt87gn LawnSite Member

which one would you rather have both have low hours the quick has a 15hp kawasakie the ferris i think a 13hp kawasakie both are single hydro
    ill be doing mostly small residential bermuda and some st augustine in san antonio tx this would be my main mower thank you for the input

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The Ferris does not have as much trouble in wet grass. It's also significantly easier to change deck height on the Ferris than the Quick. The Ferris also has timed blades which produces a better cut. The Ferris is about 8 inches longer and weighs about 50 pounds more. The Ferris uses standard 36" mower blades with plenty of options for blades and I think (but I'm not positive) that the Quick uses a special blade made just for the Quick and you're limited to those blades that Quick sells. The Ferris has a nationwide network of dealers and the Quick parts are only available from Quick in NC with the exception of engine parts (you can buy them anywhere).

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  3. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

I will not comment on the Quick, as I have not used one. But you cant go wrong with the Ferris and don't worry about the single hydro it will still handle well, being it is only a 32". This size mower will be a great asset to you. Right now it can be your main mower and if you grow and buy a larger WB, it will be a great mower for small and gated yards.

4. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

If it is a Ferris 36 with timed blades I would be all over it, other wise I would pass on both.

5. cpt87gn

cpt87gn LawnSite Member

cool thanks for the info Quick owners have any coments

6. TPS

TPS LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I have a Quick 32, get the Ferris. It is easier to change the deck height has a better bagging system. I'm hoping to upgrade to the Ferris soon.

7. cpt87gn

cpt87gn LawnSite Member

the guy said it was a 2008 and it was NOt a timed blade back up mower
    does timed blades make a difference and how

8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I would recommend the Quick machine !!

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Because? What is there on the Quick that is better than the Ferris? I mean I know you're a huge proponent of the Quick mowers and all that's fine, but just this once, try to be objective.

10. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Did you not know it was a desirable quality to spew wet clippings all over the sidewalk because the tunnel deck packed or have to get the 21" out because the 36" machine is actually 39"and will not fit through a 36" gate like a Exmark or Bobcat 36". How else do we get our exercise if we don't have to walk a extra two miles a day or lay on our backs scraping decks.