which one cut's better on slopes or hills?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SPENCER HUNTER, Feb 14, 2008.

1. SPENCER HUNTER

SPENCER HUNTER LawnSite Member

which one cut's better on slopes or hills the hustler z or the hustler super z ?:confused:

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

They are practically the same ZTR. You get a few perks with the Super Z such as the Michigan suspension seat standard, hydraulic oil cooler and a 15 mph top speed. But the regular Z has more torque for hills, that's the price you pay for the 15 mph Super (less torque). My Super Z was very weak on slopes and my dealer made the comment that a regular Z would climb a steep slope faster. Why they don't put a Hydraulic oil cooler on the regular Z is a mystery to me. Both units should hold the slope equally well, Hustlers are considered a good slope ZTR. Of the ZTR's I've owned I would rate the Turf Tiger best on slopes followed by the Hustler Z/Super with an Exmark Lazer Z not fairing as well on slopes.

3. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

with an Exmark Lazer Z not fairing as well on slopes.[/QUOTE]

Not to get off topic, but i always thought exmarks did pretty good on slopes, are you talking about 60's and 72's or smaller machines?? Just curious, sorry for the hi-jack

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Not to get off topic, but i always thought exmarks did pretty good on slopes, are you talking about 60's and 72's or smaller machines?? Just curious, sorry for the hi-jack[/QUOTE]

Hi Joshco84,

Yes I'm talking 60" Lazer. What I'm saying is that it didn't fair as well (in comparison with the Turf Tiger and Hustler Super Z) but to say it did pretty good on slopes would be accurate.

The Turf Tiger has a super low center of gravity with the fuel tank under the seat and a very wide stance. Of course neither would be as safe as a good walk behind mower. I have had the Turf Tiger on some very steep area's that my Exmark Lazer just wouldn't be safe.

The Lazer does OK, but steep slopes are not it's strongest point.