Which one is the best

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by McVey Landscaping, Mar 12, 2008.

1. McVey Landscaping

McVey Landscaping LawnSite Member

Hey looking at the Exmark walk behinds, and the Wright Stander. Done a bunch of research on the Exmark's a little on the Wright's. Looking for advice. I know to stay away from the Metro 26, but was looking at the Turf Tracer's. Found a Wright dealer about 55 minutes away. Going next tuesday to look at them. :cool2:
  2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Each company has a good reputation and good mowers. The stander will allow you to cover more ground than a walk behind thus mowing more acres/hour. I have always liked the Exmarks and think that they have fantastic cuts. I have never used a wright before so I can't comment on their performance. The Turf Tracer's are a very good mower and have the awesome ECS controls which are great, I also think that they have the ultra-cut deck (correct me if I'm wrong) that is a great deck. But either way you go I don't think that you will be sorry.
  3. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

it also depends on your price range and if it will be your primary mower. The wright's are definetly pricier. But if this will be your primary it is a good investment, but you will spend close to as much on the wright stander as a exmark ztr.
  4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Have you looked at the new Toro T2? Comapare it to the Exmark and you will come home with the Toro.

Whats wrong with the 26"? I thought it was a great mower if a mower can be used as a boat anchor. Though it would have to be a big boat, maybe a ship as it would sink a smaller one!
  5. kubotab7200

kubotab7200 LawnSite Member
    from Newkirk

have u looked at scag or dixie chopper