Which One of You Yay-Hoos Installed This???

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by JimLewis, Aug 12, 2010.

1. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

i like it :clapping:

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

You Florida guys would. That's an upgrade for you guys. :laugh:

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Damn Dan, and here I thought you didn't do work in OR. Didn't anyone tell you that ASV's in freeze prone areas is not a good idea? :laugh:

4. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Must be a PNW thing, I think even Texas has done away with underground DCVA's.

5. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

mighta been me, looks like a Florida job... only things missing are the Fimco Indexing redundancy valves... better check with fomco Meister.

6. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Not just a PNW thing. But yah, the entire PNW does it. I think it's fairly common practice in a lot of colder climates. And it's certainly nice to have your entire sprinkler system all underground hidden away. Most people here would absolutely FREAK if a contractor installed something above ground at their house. I'd never get paid if I installed an above-ground PVB or RPBA on a residential property. Nobody here would stand for it.

7. irritation

Our water purveyors haven't allowed it since the mid 1980's and I live in a "cold climate".

8. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Ok. Smart A$$. I said it was in a "lot" of cold climates. Not EVERY cold climate.

Some of you guys chose the stupidest things to bicker about, I swear! :rolleyes:

9. irritation

I wasn't trying to be a smart a$$ and backflow prevention isn't a stupid thing to bicker about.

10. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

It was me.
    Turn me in again.
    I could use the entertainment.