1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

which one... or both?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jhoneycutt, Feb 24, 2006.

1. jhoneycutt

jhoneycutt LawnSite Member

a 48'' walk bh & or 21'' walk bh. I know hydro on the 48'',
    but a Bobcat or Toro or John Deere. Thanks!

2. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Bob-Cat or Toro Proline are the best out there IMO. I would go with Bob-Cat for the 48" hydro WB, and the Toro Proline for the 21" mower. Bob-Cat mowers give a fantastic quality of cut, they are built like tanks, and lay down an awesome stripe eithout a stripe kit! I LOVE my Bob-Cat 48" belt drive WB mower w/15HP Kawasaki V-Twin engine!!! I've has my Bob-Cat since I bought it new in 2003, and I can say that it truly is the Rolls Royce of WB mowers! If you're a little tighter on budget, go with Toro Proline mowers for both the 48" and 21" mowers. I

3. mkwl

Oops! Double post, see my post below l
    V

4. zmowing

zmowing LawnSite Member
    from York,PA

I'm scared to answer to answer,because I always get beat up. I'm only trying to help.From your list BOBCAT #1 Toro #2 .We have a 36'' bobcat cuts great leaves very fine clippings.My bobcat hydraulics need adjusted twice a year,they were working on a fix for this.Exmark uses a knob you turn to keep the tracking straight that works great.I won't say anything about JD!

5. mkwl

Bob-Cat or Toro Proline are the best out there IMO. I would go with Bob-Cat for the 48" hydro WB, and the Toro Proline for the 21" mower. Bob-Cat mowers give a fantastic quality of cut, they are built like tanks, and lay down an awesome stripe without a stripe kit! I LOVE my Bob-Cat 48" belt drive WB mower w/15HP Kawasaki V-Twin engine!!! I've has my Bob-Cat since I bought it new in 2003, and I can say that it truly is the Rolls Royce of WB mowers! If you're a little tighter on budget, go with Toro Proline mowers for both the 48" and 21" mowers. I have a 36" Toro Proline WB mower, and I LOVE it for my smaller yards with gates. My Toro Proline also gives a great quality of cut and stripe, and is also biult like a tank! :usflag:

6. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

we wont beat you up:usflag:

7. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Go to your local eXmark dealer and check out a Turf Tracer HP. You can get a 19HP Kawi V twin with a 48" floating deck. It's model # THP19KAE483.

Rob