**which One Wins This Battle?**

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by opher, May 14, 2006.

1. opher

opher LawnSite Member

NEED HELP DECIDING WHICH ONE TO BUY TOMORROW. SCAG SWZ HYDRO 52'' WITH 19HP KAW OR EX-MARK TURF TRACER HP 52'' WITH A 19HP KAW BOTH UNITS HAVE A GREAT SERVICE CENTER WITHIN 10 MILES OF ME. I HAVE NEVER OWNED EITHER OF THEM,WAS HOPING YOU PEOPLE COULD MAKE MY MIND UP.:hammerhead:

THANKS,
    :weightlifter: OPHER

2. dougmartin2003

dougmartin2003 LawnSite Senior Member

man thats a tough choice, for me it would come down to the price, and the warranty and service. either way both machines are great. but if i had to choose it would be the scag

3. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

Hard choice I think. Both great machines. Make sure the dealer support and service centers are top notch and the staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Make sure plenty of parts and supplies are in stock. Are you able to test the machines out? I know I can here locally. If you can try them both, see what molds to you better. Make sure you're satisfied with the way it operates. It's hard to go wrong with either of these machines. Congrats and good luck to you!

4. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark has always beeen good to us. Good luck.

5. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

for me it would be ECS over pistols. But that's just me.

6. Joey bag a' donuts

Joey bag a' donuts LawnSite Member

I like the turf tracer, great machine.

7. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I too prefer the ECS. Other than that --Pick a color, both are good choices.

Now if you had asked --Between EX Mark and Troy Built- That would be easy. Everybody knows that Troy Built is by far the best:laugh:

8. Jake's Lawn Service

Jake's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

The tthp has a floating deck and the scag has a fixed deck and the exmark has ECS instead of pistols. Get the exmark tthp