1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Which one would you get first?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by makktruck, May 18, 2013.

1. makktruck

makktruck LawnSite Member

Im looking at getting both a 36inch Scag/Exmark stand on/walk behind(truf tracer/hydro) so my question is which one would you get first the stand on or a walk behind? Most of my lawns are flat and the ones that are hilly aren't that steep. I also already have an Exmark 30 inch if that makes a difference. Thanks!

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

48" or 52" vride. No need for a main machine being that small unless all you fo is small properties. The 30" mower will covet a lot of ground in the fenced in areas.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Paul's Green Thumb

Paul's Green Thumb LawnSite Member

If you want a 36" machine, and it is what will fit YOUR business model, then get it.

With that said, I can highly recommend my Scag 36" V-ride. Awesome machine. Can be used as a stander AND a walk-behind, and it cuts really well.

4. makktruck

36 because all my properties are small and people like that i use a smaller mower so that is how i get most of my business. Do you use a V-ride?

5. makktruck

How does it cut in wet grass and on hills. Also have you ever used a vantage?

6. Paul's Green Thumb

Paul's Green Thumb LawnSite Member

Hills are an acquired skill, but once you learn how to lean/adjust your stance, it does fine. YMMV :)

Wet grass, I don't know- I avoid that sh*t at all costs
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

Stand on all the way!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. knox gsl

Yes i have a 52" vride and 52" turf tracer (same deck as vantage) and the scag is better in all but ideal conditions and really shines in wet grass. I also have a 36 inch turf tracer and its slow, for the money you're much better off with a 30" and a bigger mower. If you really want a 36" I'll sell you mine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. makktruck

How much would you sell it for?

10. knox gsl

PM sent......