Which one would you get first?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by makktruck, May 18, 2013.

1. makktruck

makktruck LawnSite Member

Im looking at getting both a 36inch Scag/Exmark stand on/walk behind(truf tracer/hydro) so my question is which one would you get first the stand on or a walk behind? Most of my lawns are flat and the ones that are hilly aren't that steep. I also already have an Exmark 30 inch if that makes a difference. Thanks!

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

48" or 52" vride. No need for a main machine being that small unless all you fo is small properties. The 30" mower will covet a lot of ground in the fenced in areas.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Paul's Green Thumb

Paul's Green Thumb LawnSite Member

If you want a 36" machine, and it is what will fit YOUR business model, then get it.

With that said, I can highly recommend my Scag 36" V-ride. Awesome machine. Can be used as a stander AND a walk-behind, and it cuts really well.

4. makktruck

36 because all my properties are small and people like that i use a smaller mower so that is how i get most of my business. Do you use a V-ride?

5. makktruck

How does it cut in wet grass and on hills. Also have you ever used a vantage?

6. Paul's Green Thumb

Paul's Green Thumb LawnSite Member

Hills are an acquired skill, but once you learn how to lean/adjust your stance, it does fine. YMMV :)

Wet grass, I don't know- I avoid that sh*t at all costs
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

Stand on all the way!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. knox gsl

Yes i have a 52" vride and 52" turf tracer (same deck as vantage) and the scag is better in all but ideal conditions and really shines in wet grass. I also have a 36 inch turf tracer and its slow, for the money you're much better off with a 30" and a bigger mower. If you really want a 36" I'll sell you mine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. makktruck

How much would you sell it for?

10. knox gsl

PM sent......