Which One?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by tjgray, Apr 11, 2005.

1. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

Good Day All,

I am in the process of re-doing our website and am un-decided on which picture to use on the About Us page.

Do I go for the more professional stern image or the down home friendly one?

Thanks ya'll for helping me decide :)

Donald working 5.jpg

Donald Working 6.jpg

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

i don't find either particularly engaging. part of it is that there is too much distraction (cluttered) in the background.

3. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

That was my thoughts also. To much going on ie; to many vehicles and clutter in the bed of the truck.

4. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Agree.... take another one without so much in the background.

5. tjgray

Too busy you say...take more....you wouldn't say that if you knew how hard it was to get that darn man to take them two for me :cry:

Thanks for your comments though even if they weren't what I really wanted to hear :)

6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

a word of advice is to treat it like a professional photo shoot. if you used that same shot of him loading the spreader, but put him standing on a nice lawn, in front of a freshly landscaped bed, you've got a nicely set photo. also, zoom in a bit more on him, and make sure he's got on a nice, fresh set of clothes.

as for the pic with the dogs, i'd scrap that idea. as it is, you can't see too well what he's doing, so i'm just assuming he's knocking another dog down out of that tree.... :)

7. tjgray

Thanks Toney after working all day on this website I needed a good :laugh:

8. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I had dogs in my tv spot, but not while I was in action. I agree with choosing another pic. I'd keep the truck out and just have a body shot. Pushing a spreader with a smile. Be shaved and neat too.

Drew

9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Not to be a coattailer, but this was my first thought as well.
    Something more simple would probably be better in my opinion.
    Just my couple of cents worth...........

10. frakilk

frakilk LawnSite Member
    from Ireland

I agree as well, too busy. And to be honest I would not get an 'action' shot. Maybe posing beside the truck without clutter behind the truck, and a smile would help as well. He looks very self consious. :p