1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

which one?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by barcode148, Jul 21, 2006.

1. barcode148

barcode148 LawnSite Member

i am looking at buying one of the two listed below.

1. A toro 48 or 40 inch gear fixed deck walkbehind and a 21 inch toro commercial wb kaw engine bbc

2. A toro 48 or 40 inch hydro fixed deck walkbehind

which one do you experienced guys think will suit me better

ps. i will have a 48inch toro z master

thanks in advance
  2. barcode148

any input please

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

it depends on what kind of accounts you are doing, if the 40" hydro will get in all of your gates then forget the 21. if you do not have hardly any gates a 48 Hydro with a velke and a 100$ push mower. The belt drive midsizes are good if you are not running a velkie all the time and use them part time. I like belt drives but a 48 Hydro with a velkie gives you the option to tackle bigger tougher jobs. So if you plan on growing and getting bigger accounts go Hydro 48 to start with a 100$ push mower for an occasional back yard. if you are going to do lots of back yards with gates 40" hydro and if it is going to be a part time gig on weekends belts are fine.
  4. barcode148

should i look at the 40 or the 48 inch and what kind of impact would it have on my capabilities.

5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

If you are already getting a 48inch Zmaster then there is no need at all for a 48inch walkbehind. Either get a 32 inch walkbehind that will fit into all of your gates or just get a 21 inch push mower.
  6. barcode148

the z master will be my buddies and may not always be available