1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which PDA for me?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JimmyStew, May 26, 2008.

1. JimmyStew

JimmyStew LawnSite Senior Member

I'm ready to buy a PDA for work, but I'm not sure what I need. There are way too many choices. Basically, what I want is something that I can run a couple of spreadsheet type apps on. One for tracking my jobsite hours and my mowing/maintenance route and an address/phone book. I do not need, nor really want a phone type model and I really do not need internet access. I would like something that I can create some spreadsheets that are compatible with preferably Corel Quattro Pro but MS Excel will suffice. And it would be nice if I could easily design an MS Access db that could sync with the db I use on the office computer. Any thoughts, suggestions? Oh, and it shouldn't cost a weeks income either!:waving:
  2. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

i have the blackberry 8830 and love it.
  3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

If you want that kind of functionality, you will need a device that runs Windows Mobile. That will narrow your choices considerably.

Start at the application end, what software you will need to do what you want. Find the applications, then the OS that will support, and then the device that will drive the OS and the application.