Which Pesticide License Do YOU need?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Landscape Poet, Jan 14, 2011.

1. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe he has his liability with Bearwise Insurance as the agent and Travelers is the insurer.

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Bug Guy

I also pay twice what he is paying and have even less coverage. From the Days when I had the Big Show Worker Comp for Spray techs was a higher rate than maintenance worker but still less than Landscape installers. I am not sure what type of coverage he has for half price. But he is only Licensed to carry Back pack sprayer and not 400 gallon tanks of chemicals that require Hazmat Clean up. The insurance companies exposure is far less with the Roundup License than a real pesticide license.

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Travelers through Bearwise in Orlando. I would think yours would cost more anyways. Your products are a lot more toxic than anything I'm allowed to use. No, I make no claim to being an applicator and I'm no fan of illegal operators.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Patriot

I am paying $ 800.00 a year for 500K in coverage or the Minimum required, 400K is law but my insurance company starts at 500K. This is strictly liability coverage plus Hazmat clean up. That works out to $ 66.66 a month. What can I tell you, that is a cheap cost of doing business in the over all picture.

Add in my yearly CPO renewal at $ 300 and Business License at $ 310 and you have a grand total of $ 1410 or $ 117.50a month to be Certified, Licensed and Insured in a Certified Trade. As far as Business expenses go, I feel that price is Cheap especially when you compare it to the income I make from that License.

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

That's why I don't get some guys on this site. Minor tax deductible costs of doing business and they act like its a mafia shakedown.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I carry 1 million/2 million ag. - cost is roughly $910 a year and it is with Travelers. I know it is a little over kill but the wife is in insurance and stated this was the best value and of course would protect us the best. Kind of hard to believe I could do a million in damage with a Z turn or a shovel but I am covered just in case.

7. grass4gas

grass4gas LawnSite Senior Member

Let that Z kick up a rock and hit someone and you'll find out just how quickly a million goes bye bye.

I also carry a mil insurance.