which pole hedger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PORTER 05, Jul 27, 2008.

1. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 LawnSite Senior Member

wat pole heger is good, i have an echo dealer that i buy most of my stuff from but also have a shtil dealer i buy all our saws from , so was wondering which is better, and maybe get some prices, i think there from 600- 1000??thanks for the help-

2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i personally use stihl, but think that both companies build great equipment. i stay w/ stihl b/c of my dealer. around here stihl and echo are pretty comparable as far as pricing. like i said, stihl b/c of the dealer, but would use echo unless they have gone waaaaay downhill recently. as a side note i have no issues w/ the stihl 4-mix engines.

3. railman

railman LawnSite Member

do what I did I bought a stihl fs90r trimmer and just change the head to a adjustable hedge trimmer and I have best of bought. easy to change heads. just loosen two screws take out string trimmer head and put hedge trimmer head and tighten screws and now you have a pole hedge trimmer. cheaper than buying a kombi system and close to the price of pole hedge trimmer but without string trimmer as a bonus.

4. david shumaker

david shumaker LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Stihl and like it. Haven't tried the Echo. Think I paid about $600.00 for mine about 3 years ago. The clipper I have you can adjust the head to different angles.

5. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

I bought the Stihl HL90 this week and paid $375 and I love it-tremendous torque and quiet. I used to own a longer one with the articulating head but it would wear you out quick and I never had to adjust the head so it was a waste of money.

6. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

This is what I do with my FS85/FC85 power head -- take off the string trimmer head, and mount the 22" clipper bar. I have the 0 degee model, but sometimes wish I had the 15 degree one. The adjustable might be fine, but the weight of the FS85 and attachment is enough to take its toll on my old body.

This combination has saved me hours and hours of trimming time. My primary hedge clipper is a Stihl HS80 (24" bar). The teeth are a little larger than the attachment for the trimmer shaft, making it a little more aggressive in cutting.