which pole saw to get

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by vegandude, Aug 9, 2013.

1. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

Those products work well also, and will help protect for the short term. I like FF for it's thicker consistency and longer term protection. If I didn't have it on hand I'd be using what you are now, or Amsoil's MP Metal Protector.

2. vegandude

vegandude LawnSite Senior Member

3. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

You're welcome, sir!

4. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

Be sure and remove all Stihl stickers on pole or down the road it (stickers) will tear up & be harder to remove.

5. vegandude

do they make a fine tooth sawblade for the pp800? i've already found that on smaller branches, they tend to get caught in the teeth causing me to constantly switch between pruner and saw. Stickers are always removed immediately, thanks though

6. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

Fine tooth, No. They only have the PS 75 & PS 85 saw blades. I've no problem cutting 1" limbs if cutting from the base of a bigger limb. They do have this attachment:

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/pole-pruners/accessories/pole-pruner-accessories/prunlop/

7. vegandude

that's a nice looking attachment. Currently my pruners are fiskers power stick or something like that, I have both the 5ft and the 12 or 13ft one. I absolutely love both of them as I don't have the rope getting stuck in the tree branches and they have a lifetime guarentee.