1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Which Product for 5 acres?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Gatewayuser, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

If you needed to spray 5 acres in cool season turf, 60 degree temps and you need to kill clover, dandys and such what product would you use? What would be the most cost effective? I was thinking of using Q4 Plus but it looks too pricey for this treatment. Momentum Q is my next thought, but FX is out since it will be near a farm and it carries a warning label.

2. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

Use confront if it is a comm. I would use a three way mixed with octane or Quicksilver
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Gorden's Trimec is the best deal. Or one of the cheapie clones. Weed B Gone Max is one of the products that is not so different--easier to find. Great on clover and dandelions. Use the maximum rate--no sense in not killing all the weeds. Include some wetting agent to improve results. Spray early to give the best results--kill weeds before they get old and resistant.

4. turf21

turf21 LawnSite Member
    from MO

Lesco 3-way spiked with QuickSilver is what i've used.

5. MarkSupply

MarkSupply LawnSite Member

Check on HI Dep from PBI Gordon we used this product alot on pastures with grazing restrictions it is a mixed amine formula

6. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

Trimec amine will not perform well on the clover, oxalis, dandies. The cost per acre is good though but with the 60 degree temps and mixing in octane will end up cost you in the end. Why not check into coolpower or mementum fx2 I believe. The ester formulations and surfactant will be ok. If this is a pasture with animals, the coolpower really is safer to use.....just follow the label. I am sure a quart per acre is called for.
    The amines will do nothing but get you call backs and a lot of explaining to do with a dissatisfied customer. The next round can be with Q4, Drive, etc.

7. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for all the replies! I bought Tenacity, it does everything I need plus more. The cost is also great and the product has some pre-emergence control. And yes the customer has been informed of a possible white lawn. :) Other cool thing is the reseeding wait time...zip!