which push mower?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by drewskee032, Feb 25, 2007.

1. drewskee032

drewskee032 LawnSite Member

hey guys, I'm looking for a 21" push mower but have no idea which brand or which mower to purchase. I don't want to spend any more than about $500. Also, i definitely want a self propelled one. i already own a 48" TTHP so this 21" mower will simply be a mower that I'll use for grass that I can't get to with the TTHP.

Thanks.

2. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Get a commercial brand and make. do some research on past threads. We have toros not saying they are great but they do what they have to when ever they are pulled out of the corner. Check into 2 cycle also.
    .02 wortth
    JOSH

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

For less than $500 try snapper.

4. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

The Toro and Honda 21" commercial mowers sell for well over $1000. These seem to be the most highly recommended or used 21" commercial mowers. Everything else seems to be residential. Good Luck!

5. lawnbutch

lawnbutch LawnSite Member
    from Colo.

We used Arien's last year and will use same units this year until we make enough to get 2 Com Toros. But you will spend over 500 for them, Arians, this year, so why not spend the extra and get a com unit that will last for several years. Also ALL the LCO's here DON'T like BS engines, go with Kawi engines with oil filter. Also my .02 !!

6. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

Oil filters are good,we have one on a briggs,:dizzy:

7. drewskee032

drewskee032 LawnSite Member

i think i only need residential, so what would be a good residential mower do you guys think

8. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

dont do residential.

9. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

[/B][/B]
    Check out the husqvarna 21" mowers. I saw them at a dealer 349.99 for self propelled and 249.99 for regular push. Looked like a good alternative if you don't want to spend to much $ on a trimming mower. It had ball bearings on the wheels and I think a 6.5 hp honda motor. It has side discharge, mulch and bag. I also saw it at Northern Tools. It was priced the same at both places....I would recommend buying from a servicing dealer if you have one nearby.

10. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

Well you have opened up a can of stink,you want residential so were do you go walmart buy the 89 dollar push mower.