1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which Rain Sensor?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ZX12R, Aug 14, 2011.

1. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

I wanted to go the wireless route because it will be about 100 feet away from the controller due to large oaks.

I was thinking about installing the Hunter Wireless Rain Clik but after doing a search on it,it seems the majority of you do not like it. Are they any better now or should I avoid it?

If I have to go the hardwire route,it means digging and putting it in conduit,but,I will do it if I have to. If thats the case,what do you think about the Hunter Mini-Clik?

Pros and Cons on both are appreciated.
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

there's always the classic sensor made by Avarian Enterprises

3. S.O.Contracting

S.O.Contracting LawnSite Member

If you want wireless the irritrol is the best in my opinion. But haven't gotten to try the new rainbird yet. But it looks nice.

CANADIAN MIKE LawnSite Member

Hunter Solar Sync is the way to go if you have a PRO C, ICC or X CORE controller
  5. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

Rain Bird wireless. Out of all of the ones that I have installed it's hands down the nicest wireless sensor out there!

SPEEDSKI LawnSite Member
    from TN

Rainbird Wireless (WR2) is a great unit. You can make all the adjustments at the controller module and never need to climb the ladder. Great unit.

No Solar Sync....replaced 6 units this year alone.
  7. Autoflow

Autoflow LawnSite Member

Is there a way you can install a wireless sensor using one transmitter and numerous receivers for different controllers? I am installing a system at an over 55's retreat where there will be 18 individual controllers going in, one for each villa. I would love to be able to just have the one or two transmitters instead of having to install 18 separate ones. I don't care if I have to buy the entire kit for the receivers either. The site is around 500 feet long and about 100ft wide, so I was thinking if I can install one or two if need be in a central location and sync it to each receiver it would save a lot of time. Will it work though or can each transmitter only have one receiver?
  8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I am not a REP, just a satisfied user.

SPEEDSKI LawnSite Member
    from TN

I think the WR2 can use one Sensor with 4-5 receivers.

I went to the RM site and did not see any info on the post from Mike Leary.

Got anymore info? I saw the weather station, is that the setup you are talking about. I used Irritrol in the past, but it is non existant in our area.

Sounds interesting though. More info please?

10. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

LOL,you have too much time on your hands.:)