Which Rain Sensor?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ZX12R, Aug 14, 2011.

1. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for all your replies,I will read up on teh Rainbird WR2 when I get a minute.

One question I forgot to ask. Does wireless work well if it as asked to go thru a wall or two?

2. Autoflow

Autoflow LawnSite Member

Thanks I will check out the WR2. I couldn't see any info regarding the sensor in Mike's link unless the weather stations can sync with multiple receivers in which case it would be good, but I have never seen Rainmaster in Australia before.

3. ZX12R

I just picked up the Irritrol hard wired unit....model #RS500. Its a good day to hook it up as its raining here.....yet again.

Guy at supply house mentioned that most of the units they sell are the Weathermatic.

4. DIXIECONTRACTING

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I have always used the toro and never had a problem the ones I have replaced are mostly hunter.

5. sprinklerchris

sprinklerchris LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

Yes, Rain Bird wireless. Or the Irritrol. Avoid the Hunter wireless rain sensor and also the wireless solar sync.

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

You like the wired Solar Sync?

7. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Some wise ol' f**ts told me about this plain jane sensor called something similar too "Irritrol wireless"

I like it

8. ZX12R

Tis my slow season,so,heres a pic of the RS500 mounted to the shed. Yes,rainfall has a clear shot at the sensor.

IMG00129-20110817-1726.jpg

9. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

These ( http://rainsensor.com/ ) have been fool-proof for me... and is probably why Toro bought them and also sells them under the Irritrol name.

I had problems with the first generation RB wireless sensor (just as a customer did with the first RB residential remotes). I'm not a Rain Bird "early adopter".

Waiting to see how they do over time.