1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which rain suits do you use? Advice needed!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WoodlandAM, Jan 14, 2013.

1. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

Can you give us a link to the exact suit you bought. They have suits from $60-$450 or more.

2. WoodlandAM

WoodlandAM LawnSite Member

I grabbed one from Home Depot this morning and it didnt make it through half a day. It remained waterproof and didnt tear, but the shoulder straps for the pants ripped off. The dang things fall off every minute, and then when I tightened them, they broke in no time. On to the next one I reckon...
  3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

anyone mowing in rain is not only unprofessional, but kinda dense in the brain. finishing up and continuing to work are dif. rainsuit not needed with radar on ur phone, lol
  4. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

This suit has a similar shell to the regular carhartt everyone is used to with no insulation ive used this suit for everything. this thing is TOUGH!! expensive though but after going through 3 sets of the pvc style i had to jump on it. i got it on sale at the local dealer for i think 50% off after christmas a couple years back. it is the shoreline set i do recommend the shoreline coat over the shoreline jacket the coat is longer at the waist the jacket came up when i bent down and would have allowed water/snow down the back side. This suit is great for snow blowing i dont like to wear a heavy suit while plowing and shoveling this is just a waterproof shell.