1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Which redmax trimmer and head setup.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IHusky, Aug 12, 2007.

1. IHusky

IHusky LawnSite Senior Member

Which Redmax trimmer should I get. Would like something under 11.5 lbs and good power. Is the pt 104 redmax's best head. Willing to spend up to $350 maybe even $400. Weight is a hugh factor. Have really never gotten into redmax, so please help. Gave the Shindawa 242 a chance but not enough power.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Try the 3000 series, which comes with the black 104+ head.

30cc... 11 pound range... and I like the 104+ head design.

Some guys like that big 6" red head... I've never tried it.

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

We run the 2401 the smallest they are good pull the screen,i pull the guard and run 130 in the black heads,the 2600 seems like a power house.

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

See, that's the thing...

The 3000/3001 unit weighs the same thing... but it's a big 30cc.

The RedMax site is a MESS right now or I'd provide a link.....

5. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

You know i was at the dealer last week and bought a 8000 blower they had a 2600 trimmer, i picked it up it waz light as the 2401 makes sense huh.

6. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

The 2300 is the lightest Redmax trimmer in commercial duty. I have a 2601 with 104+ and like it alot. I worried about weight but after using it all summer, its a non issue. They all weigh alot after 15 minutes! The 2601 is a powerhouse but I agree about the 3000. Go with the bigger for same weight and only a few bucks more. Shinny has a brand new trimmer head that will fit Redmax. You actually crank the line in when you load it. Thats all I saw of it from a Shinny rep but it looked cool.