Which Ride on Spreader Sprayer ?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Scott's Lawn Maintenance, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Scott's Lawn Maintenance

Scott's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

With the many different models available PG , Z spray , T3000 and etc , which one would you choose when taking the next step from push spreaders and your reasons for your chose.

2. billyc

billyc LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Z Spray. Built like a tank, excellent on hills especially with their caster lock setup, (got a new Intermediate with it this spring) excellent service and they won't make you a guinea pig for new product. They actually offer more than one size unit. Kinda like exmark, walker, wright etc. I have owned PG and demoed T. No comparison. Back to you Larry.

3. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Read Rays review T Vs the Z . Z spray is the way to go no doubt ! I have a intermediate with the extra tank . I wouldn't trade for 2 T 3000s .

4. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just read through the discussion in all the posts and threads about his. You will find TONS of comments and opinions.

5. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Scott's LM - I realize you are not Scotts Lawn Service, but my local Scotts Lawn Service buds are switching away from PG's and going to the 'Pathfinder' by Ground Logic. The Pathfinder is one step ahead of the PG Magnum, but the spray is basically the same. Brice is a nice guy and can answer your Q's regarding this machine. He plans to offer an improved spray system within 2 or 3 months.

http:www.groundlogicinc.net They sell for $6495.

You can also buy used ride-on's (although I've never seen a used T3000 for sale).

I like Z-Sprays too. Another outstanding company. Many swear by them like billy c, a plus bob, recreech, and many many more. Just like PG's (which I do not recommend), they have been around for years.

But we swear by the TURFCO T3000. So do many others. It's basically less than a year old, yet production was backed up for months this spring due to high demand. I know of at least a half dozen in my town already.

http://www.valleygreenusa.com sells 'em in YOUR area.

All the above can be transported on carrier racks, except Z-Sprays.

Bottom line, it's always best to demo every unit you are interested in before making such a large purchase.

6. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

7. EVM

EVM LawnSite Senior Member

I just got my Custom Z Spray Junior today and I must say that the Z is the way to go. My machine set up is incredible, thanks to the help from the people over at LT Rich. When you look at price and then compare the machines capability; it is really a no brainer Z Spray all the way.

8. nighthawk117

nighthawk117 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Bought a Z-spray this year and love every minute of use on it !! Total quality in the build, fit, and finish. Buy it and dont look back :weightlifter:

9. billyc

billyc LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Larry,
    Once again you need to get your facts straight. RIch does build a new unit the Mini max that does go on a carrier. Same capacity as a T but is zero turn and does have their locking caster. I am demoing one next week. Maybe they will give me one for free if I write a good review like another company I know. All in good fun Larry.

10. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Wondering if anybody else utilizes this?

14" x 21" x 14" (16 gallon) auxiliary tank (from Dultmeier) for their T3000's.

(16 gal + 16 gal = 32 total gallons capacity)

rscvp, thanks :waving: