1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

which scag? to buy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jbsimerly, Feb 12, 2010.

1. jbsimerly

jbsimerly LawnSite Member

hello been looking at prices of walk behinds for quite a while now got it narrowed down to 2 that looks like good deals just wandering witch the pro's would recommend 1st is a 48" scag hydro with no sulky 2007 model runs good for $2000 but it is almost 4 hour drive 2nd is 52" hydro scag with 703 hours on the meter with sulky runs good about 1 1/2 hours away the prob i have with the 52 is just wandering if it is going to be to wide to go between stuff been looking not a whole bunch of yards with gates and stuff in my area and i have a 21" push mower i am going to take to jobs with me just wanting your opinion thanks

2. jbsimerly

jbsimerly LawnSite Member

by the way the 52" is 2500

3. EastCoast

EastCoast LawnSite Senior Member

How many hours on the 2007 48" scag hydro? For that price you many have a lot of hours on this machine.

4. Creative Cuts

Creative Cuts LawnSite Member

i got a 52 and i only have one backyard i can't get it into so we use our 48 which will barely squeeze in. but most back gates are either 32,36, or 48