Which Shindaiwa?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HazellLawnCare, Jul 31, 2004.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I am running Red Max BC225DL trimmers and my dealer has all but quit carrying them. The dealer I buy my mowers from carries Shindaiwa equipment. Which Shindaiwa trimmer would be about the same as my Red Max?

2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

The 230... er I mean the 231 emissions model, at least locally.

3. GBCS

GBCS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

The T231 would the comparable model. If you step up to the T261 I think you would be happier. BTW we have both Shindaiwa trimmers.

4. j.p.landscaping

j.p.landscaping LawnSite Member

all your going to need for basic trimming is a T231 HOWEVER if you can get your hands on a T230 new go for it. It has a little more umph!!! The emissions on the 231 robs some of the power.

You'll be very happy and surprised with shindaiwa....

5. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

I had 3 T230s and eventually bought one of there new T231's, I couldnt belivie how much power was lost due to the catalyst, it has no power compared to the T230s. I switched to Redmax now, I would try the T261's at least to see if they have the same amount of power compared to the Redmax's

6. outsidepride

outsidepride LawnSite Member

T 260 all the way just replaced one after five years still works but just a back up now new one should be here tuesday

7. EastTnLC

EastTnLC LawnSite Member

If I were you I would go with the T270's. They can really take what ever you can throw at them.

8. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

Have you checked into the T2500 with C4 technology? I've never used one myself, but they seem like a good trimmer. The paper on it says it has a supercharging effect, plus the power band is alot wider than a normal 2 cycle engine. Plus it is a lighter trimmer and it is quieter than other weedeaters. Hopefully someone will be able to tell you more about this than i can.

9. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I also own a t231 and a t261 and I think like the 261 a bit more than the 231. that said for just basic mantinence I think the 231 would work well for you but if you want to be able to do some lot clearing and stuff like that I would get the 261.

10. detroitcutter

detroitcutter LawnSite Member
    from detroit

ive used a 230 and a 270, 230 is nice but due to emissions laws they have stopped making them, look for dealers to be gettin rid of em, just recently priced some shindiawa's, 230-$269.99
    231B-$279.99 272x-$399.99, 230 is nice, 270 has more kick and whippin abilities