1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which shirt color

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by mowerdude777, Jul 2, 2009.

What is best

1. White

2. Gray

3. Dark Green

4. Navy Blue

5. Other, please tell

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I do not want to invest in company shirts, but I want me and my helper to waere matching shirts to lok more professional. What color is the best option fot the shirts I plan to buy

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I have khaki colored shirts, they are not too hot and don't show as much dirt as a lighter colored shirt.
  3. farmboy555

farmboy555 LawnSite Member

safety green
  4. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

For less then 10 bucks a shirt you could invest less then a 100.00 bucks and be set for a while. If you do T shirts get the Beefy T's they are a little thicker and last a long time.
  5. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Light gray. You would be surprised at how cheaply some good tees with a screen printing costs. Not much more than buying regular tees.

Dark colors are out... too hot. khaki, light gray are my choices.
  6. kmzlawncare

kmzlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

We use white, light gray,and khaki hope this helps.
  7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Light gray/ash here
  8. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like I need to go to wal mart and get some grey shirts soonrt or later
  9. airsoftamazon

airsoftamazon LawnSite Member

I use the fruit of the loom 4 pack gray t's from Wallie World, costs 10.00 and had a friend embroider 5 shirts next to nothing. The shirts are light weight and helps keep things cooler. I have noticed that the usual screen print t's are heavier and hotter. Plus, the gray reflects heat radiation from the sun much better than any of the darker colors. A washing machine cleans my stuff great. I've used them for years and yet to stain them permanently. :weightlifter:
  10. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Don't use yellow the bees will think you are a flower. LOL.