Which shirt color

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by mowerdude777, Jul 2, 2009.

?

What is best

1. White

12.6%
  2. Gray

35.3%
  3. Dark Green

22.0%
  4. Navy Blue

7.6%
  5. Other, please tell

26.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

okay, and just call me ryan

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Gotcha Ryan.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

3. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Safety green here. If you do a lot of work with roads you need something visible. Osha likes them or orange or a vest. In the past we had dark green I was clipped by 3 cars in 4 years and since changing colors people actually slow down a little.

4. Redcloud35

Redcloud35 LawnSite Member

Yellow T's with the company name on the left pocket side, we also wear matching yellow caps with the company name on them as well.:)

5. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

bump bump bumpity bump

6. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Me too...ash gray is what I use

7. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

Here are mine. I bought the shirts at JC Penney. 3 of them cost me $26. They're the thicker kind that last awhile.

100_0456.jpg

100_0457.jpg

8. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I've been using gray knit shirts (with a collar- no T-shirts) I have them embroidered on the left chest. I went through several colors, many years ago. the shirts that I've been useing lasted a long time The manufacturer discontinued the shirt and I'm ready for a change.
    How about safety fuchsia ? (bright pink) I don't think I could get anybody to wear it, but safety orange and green are pretty common for road crews and refuse collectors(garbage men).
    Dark green or blue would be too hot.
    yellow shows dirt - doesn't hide stains.

9. MiguelTX

MiguelTX LawnSite Member

Question for all of you that wear gray: doesn't it show your sweat? Gray (when it's wet) turns into a really dark gray. It doesn't seem to be a "professional" look unless the entire shirt gets wet. Otherwise your armpits, chest, and lower back show exactly where you're sweating.

10. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

I ordered two sets of ten embroidered shirts, one a medium gray, which does show that darkening when I sweat, and a light gray which does not.

Funny thing is when I wear the dark gray, people offer me water much more often. They also seem to almost get worried when I'm drenched! It's a physical job, and looking like you are bustin it actaully might not be such a bad thing. Does that make the HO think he's very happy to not have to do it himself?

On some projects I get filthy. That can't be helped much, but I don't think it makes me look unprofessional either.