1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which shirt color

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by mowerdude777, Jul 2, 2009.

What is best

1. White

2. Gray

3. Dark Green

4. Navy Blue

5. Other, please tell

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BeSeenGraphics

BeSeenGraphics LawnSite Member

Good deal. Light colors? Are they sublimation printed?
  2. Eyebedam

Eyebedam LawnSite Member

How about posting some pics of them?
  3. EagleGrounds

EagleGrounds LawnSite Senior Member

What is sublimation priting?
  4. Eyebedam

Eyebedam LawnSite Member

Dont look like hes interested in showing us his work.. Im gonna check with a local screen printer then.
  5. Hanau

Hanau LawnSite Bronze Member

I get my shirts from Aramark in a deep olive w/ white embroidery.

Pants are also from Aramark and they are bark color.

It's good quality clothing. Since I own the company I'm in uniform pretty much everyday. Always have to represent and market my brand.

Our headgear comes from Sherrill Tree. I buy orange color.

I match that up with a visor and muff kit.

This way we always have our hearing and face protection handy no matter what we're doing. Be it mowing, trimming, running a chainsaw, etc. I'm huge on keeping myself and my guys protected in our work. You're more apt to use face protection after you jump off the mower to trim if you don't have to go back to the truck to get it.

I also get our gloves from Sherrill Tree.

Great gloves, very durable.

Our boots come from Bailey's.

There's more to a uniform than just a shirt. Not only is it an image, but it's functional. A good uniform will make you look professional and keep you protected.

One of my guys may be across the yard mowing, hit a rock and sling it towards my head. With the helmet on it's an annoyance. Without it it might be an ambulance ride. The danger is magnified 10 times when we're taking out a big tree piece by piece.

I've also noticed that safety sells. Suzy Homeowner sees me and my crew decked out in our gear working in her neighbors yard. Thinking that what we're doing is very dangerous she asks us to trim her tree rather than sending Johnny Homeowner to the rental yard for a polesaw.

aaa helmet.jpg

AAA helmet 2.jpg

aaa gloves.jpg
  6. BeSeenGraphics

Sublimation printing is a dye process. It's the same one used in making mugs. Only good for light colors and not cotton.

If you want to see some of my colors...CLICK HERE to check them out.

Also...below is one of the designs I just did. The quality is top notch and I don't do them by the 100's.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  7. Eyebedam

Eyebedam LawnSite Member

The sample looks nice? What would maybe 5 tshirts in safety green run cost wise?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. BeSeenGraphics

Thank you sir. Email me at sales@beseengraphics.com with your details and contact info and I'll get with ya tomorrow.
  9. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

What colour shirts hee what color undies, christ sake hate to be a mower dealer trying to sell you a mower. Use ya nut
  10. BeSeenGraphics

I can do custom boxers too!