1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Which shirt color

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by mowerdude777, Jul 2, 2009.

?

What is best

1. White

12.6%
  2. Gray

35.3%
  3. Dark Green

22.0%
  4. Navy Blue

7.6%
  5. Other, please tell

26.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Eyebedam

Eyebedam LawnSite Member

WTF? Just asking bout shirts. I guess u expect a courtesy reach around between your mountain dews & ur Cophenhagen. Go back to driving your free candy van.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

sorry for been polite. Do you part your hair middle side or you bald muckenfuddled tosser.

3. Eyebedam

Eyebedam LawnSite Member

Ask your mom she can tell you.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Hanau

Hanau LawnSite Bronze Member

I posted a nice write up complete with links and pictures and nobody cares.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

5. demhustler

demhustler LawnSite Bronze Member

gray T...
    but don't get gray sweatshirts - they got dirty (mud etc) in a sec. and not getting changed every day - looks nasty

6. BeSeenGraphics

BeSeenGraphics LawnSite Member

Getting ready to do a bunch of Saftey Green Gildans....I'll post pics.

7. Tom3982s

Tom3982s LawnSite Member

khaki or a lighter orange is a good way to go. the orange makes the workers more visible.

8. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

I haven't read all of the posts - but my $.02 is:
    Athletic gray collared polos with a pocket. The company info is silk screened over the left breast where the pocket is at - then across the back in large bold letters for the vision impaired and old folks the same company info that is on the front.
    I used to "assign" shirts meaning each one had that particular employee's name - more for dispute resolution. Meaning if a client had a problem with one of my employees all they had to do was get the name but no one ever did.
    So now I buy in bulk one time per year, thirty shirts silk screened at $6.25 each.
    All employees have to pass muster each morning, clean shirts, neat appearance, boots in good shape, etc. So if one has a messed up shirt I simply swap it out with a new one - everyone is allowed eight shirts per year.
    I buy the uniform pants on-line from used commercial clothes dealers - like Cinta.
    Cost is $2.95 for pants in decent shape and I buy ten per year.

9. mommacutz

mommacutz LawnSite Member

We've been using the grey but plan on switching. I think I will prefer the bright green this time around.

10. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

we had Blue then a company got them ,went gray so someone got them
    now we got high vis and yep guess what, they got them 3 days later so next swap is wifes turn she says go egg plant purple with lime flower petals this will go uncoppied and maybe we can stay original. oh cost well it has been 200.00 for 24 shirts also high vis, is nice when you want to be seen but the bees find you better tooand they stain easy and nothing can clean them ....i now know how hard the city guys work considering their shirts are clean at 5:00 and our guys look like bums lol