Which should I get?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Industry Pro, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Green Industry Pro

Green Industry Pro LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Tyler Texas

I am probably going to purchase another backpack blower next week. It will either be a Redmax ebz7100, or Shindaiwa eb802. I am aware these machines arent in the same class as far as power/ performance are concerned, but I would like your opinions and thoughts as to which one is a better machine. I want to buy the best machine, period. I am open to all advice and any opinions, so even if you have a suggestion that leads me toward another brand, I would still like your thoughts. Currently, I am leaning toward the Shindy 802.

God Bless America:usflag::usflag::usflag:

2. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

My 7001 red max has lasted me 8 yrs. and counting. Still runs like a champ. Light, comfortable and plenty of power. I tried the stihl br 600 and did not like it. The red max did a better job side by side. Just to give you a comparison. I'm sure the shindy is very capable and comparable, I just don't have any experience with them.

3. whosedog

whosedog LawnSite Senior Member

We have both but the shindy is way more comfortable to use.Powerwise both pretty much the same IMO.

4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

have you seen the redmax 8050

5. trooper8870

trooper8870 LawnSite Member

Stay away from Stihl. All of my Stihl equipment has been absolute GARBAGE. I will probably try out the Redmax handhelds next!! I've heard some pretty good things about them. I believe it is made by Husqvarna. Anyone know for sure?

6. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks I was about to try one they seem very light

7. oldclawn

oldclawn LawnSite Senior Member

This subject has been horribly beat to death in thousands of threads!!

8. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I have the redmax 7001 and the S.802. They are both very good units, the RM has excellent velocity out the nozzle but the S. puts out more CFM, moves more leaves, is quieter, has less vibration from the blower and is more comfortable. I would buy the Shindiawa.

9. Green Industry Pro

Green Industry Pro LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Tyler Texas

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm going to buy the Shindaiwa 802. Which throttle do you guys suggest--hip mount or tube mount?

10. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

I would go with Stihl. All of my Stihl equipment has been absolutely GREAT !