1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which size trailer?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by zamboni, Jan 19, 2005.

1. zamboni

zamboni LawnSite Member

I have a 42" walker and a toro 44" hydro and a 21" mower. I want an enclosed trailer. Will a 6x12 or a 7x12 work? What if I put the 2 big mowers sideways or putting the deck up on the walker. Your feedback is appreciated. Cheers.
  2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I think a 6x12 should be enough.
  3. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

I would recomend the largest trailer you can afford. Putting mowers sideways in an enclosed trailer is tough. You also want to take advantage of the storage space on the walls. I am sure you can cram every thing into the 7 X 12 but not the 6 X 12. It sounds big but 8' wide trailers are great. You could easily put your mowers side by side and have room for more. 8' wide trailers usually start at 14' long. This really isn't that much bigger than what your talking about. Two things to be sure about, what can you afford and what are you going to tow it with. Make sure your tow vehicle is up to it.

Remember trailers are like women: if you want to be happy get the big one. -Paul

9 weeks
  4. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I couldn't agree more with you newbomb. The worst thing is to buy something and discover a few months down the road that it is not enough. Buy the biggest one you can afford or the biggest your truck will handle. I would also reccommend trailer brakes on your new hauler.
  5. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Ok..Im gonna say it... here goes :p Wider is better

Oh ya, I feel good...( sing it guys ) :cool2:
  6. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry, I missed the enclosed part. Definately get the biggest you can afford.
  7. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

If you're planning on expanding a little later.....I would consider a min of 16',or if you've got the TRUCK go with a 20' you will not regret it.. :waving: