Which spiral trimmer line do you like?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cvcook, Apr 18, 2011.

1. johnyredd99

johnyredd99 LawnSite Member
    from gap,pa

.08 in the echo and just got a roll of the .10 titanum for the stihl. figured I would get a small roll and try it. I personally prefer heavier line and stihl during the spring to get thru w/ less usage then switch it up later in the season w/ a lighter string

2. magilla12

magilla12 LawnSite Member

I use Echo line, it cuts great for me..

3. ChristianJ318

ChristianJ318 LawnSite Member

Ive tried many many different lines in all shapes in .95 size and i'd say the NEW version of the shindaiwa silent twist with the tighter twists isnt too bad, its much better than the original version which what gave it such a bad rep. If the vortex line is the same as the black rotary brand, its only ok because ive always had problems with it welding and I think its too stiff to give a smooth cut, It drags very easily. Very durable though. The magnum super twist line is garbage at least in .95 size. It wears far quicker than their square line. I tried some orange star shaped shakespeare or arnold line once that I got from tractor supply and loved it but cant find it anymore. Other than it, I think oregons nylium starline is my favorite so far for all around use but its not a twisted line like you asked about..
    http://www.oregonchain.com/pro/products/oep/TrimmerLine_Nylium.htm

4. madisonpressurewashing

madisonpressurewashing LawnSite Senior Member

Where can you find grass gator? I loved that line.

5. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

Vortex is the big seller now. Its the same company that is makeing redmax line. The blue shindy line is probably the worst line I have ever ran.

6. toros'r'us

toros'r'us LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

DoitBest sells GrassGator.

7. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Vortex is all I have ran for 2 years now. Best line to stand up to heavy trimming and maintaining edges. Its also reduced the line noise...

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i liked the grass gator too. home depot dropped it as usual-havnt seen it anymore

9. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

You might try Lowes. I saw a new line of 3# spools they're carrying now that is either grass gator or very similar. I don't remember exactly but it was .095 and a neon yellow/green color, star shaped type line.

10. Charlie's lawn Service

Charlie's lawn Service LawnSite Member

Where do get your line from ?