1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which Stander for Starting Out?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bdlawncare, Dec 17, 2011.

1. stonebridge

stonebridge LawnSite Senior Member

scags got the best cut in any condition exmark and toro are the same mower with different decks, but both seem to cut the same. go exmark before wright, go scag if you can afford the best!!

I think the cut and quality of the machine is better than wright. Plus just as important my scag dealer gives faaaaar better service than my wright dealer.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I'm obviously a Toro fan, for your situation I would go with either the 52 or 60 Either a Grandstand or Scag
  4. kgflyboy

kgflyboy LawnSite Member
    from MO

It's interesting to hear everyone recommending different brands of standers. The only standers I see arould here are Wrights. In fact, I don't see many ztr riders anymore because so many are using Wright standers.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I'm sure each company has it's area of the country they market to more than others, I've yet to see a Wright around here, it's all JD, Toro a few Scag with some Husky and Kubota thrown in, more Toro than anything. I've seen a few standers we're still majority riders.
  6. As far as standers go, wright is THE dominant brand down here. I own one myself and have been very happy with it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

wright 52. same blades as your exmark. You could step up to a 60 since you already have a 36. Exmark has a production chart on their website. It shows you the difference of how much, with how big, in what time.