Which Stick Edger??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Signature Landscaping1, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I am in the market for a new stick edger which i will probly be purchasing next week. I have a stihl, echo, and redmax dealer by me. Which one do you suggest, and i dont want one that is very pricey. Thanks
    Joe

2. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

i have only used a sthil so of course i am going to say sthil but if you get the FS110 with the 4-mix... i think you will be very pleased... lots and lots of power and tourqe to spare.

3. Signature Landscaping1

from Mass

I was leaning towards sthil since i looked at em at the grow show, do you know the price by any chance?

4. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

If i remember right mine was round $350.00

5. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

RedMax HEZ2500S is what I prefer. I think you should get a straight shaft edger not matter which brand you go with.

6. Signature Landscaping1

from Mass

yea deffinatly a staight shaft, but whats the least expensive?

7. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Probably the Echo, but not by much.

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

THe stihl 110 has a solid driveshaft where most others have a cable. I had a cheap cable drive unit, now I have a stihl with a drive shaft. Trust me cheaper isnt better, if you want cheap then get a shovel

wayne

9. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

looked at a edger attachment for my sthil fs110r today it should run me about 150.00 I use my 110 w/ adjustable hedge trimmer now and it works
    great, instead of just buying the hole thing just change the attachment !!!! has other stihl trimmers for trimming and if I need the blade for brush trimming just put it on the 110

10. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I have only used stihl stick edgers in the past. They have been great. I will probably try out the redmax stick edger next to see how I like them.