Which Stihl trimmer is comparable to Shindy T-260????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PLS-Tx, Jul 11, 2008.

1. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Been using Shindy for years, but you can't get the T-260's anymore only the T261's. I did buy a 231, junk.

Anyway, we like the power and weight of the 260's, well at least I do the employess like the 230's because they are lighter, but the 230's are so slow in heavey growth.

I also like the 270's, they are great when you need that extra power, but they do get heavy.

So which Stihl would be close to the Shindy 260?

We are using the Stihl 110 edger, and the br600's and the are great, so I think we will like the Stihl trimmer's as well. I just hate the silly gas caps.

2. PLS-Tx

from Texas

Well I looked at both websites and it looks like it would be the fs-110 or the fs-130.

Somone that uses Stihl trimmers let me know which trimmer you like the best.

Thanks.

3. D & J Lawn Care

D & J Lawn Care LawnSite Member

ilove my 260 and bought a fc90 almost the same power but man i miss that quick load head and my dealw\ers in florida still have the 260 for sale and cheap $325.00 Royal Edge & mower in st pete,florida

4. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Go with the Stihl FS-250R. I have two of them and love them. The power to weight ratio is amazing. You would not be dissapointed.

5. M&M Mowing

M&M Mowing LawnSite Member

Ive got a shindy 261 and dont ever use it, the rest of my trimmers are stihl. For non overgrown yards I prefer the stihl fs80 over my 110 or 90. The 110's are great for thicker stuff since they dont bog down as easily but they do get heavy, the 90 is a very good trimmer as well for a mix of both heavy growth and normal yards. Id say go with a 90 if your going to be in thicker stuff or the 80 if in reguarly mowed lawns. By the way if you prefer the quick load head you can put one on the stihl, its the same exact head as the shindy has except the bump does not have shindawia on it, the actual picture of it in the stens book has shindy on it. The part number to that head is 385-284.

6. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

Shindaiwa makes a Stihl adapter to use the Speed-Feed heads on Stihl trimmers. Shindaiwa also makes a Speed-Feed Universal head, with adapters to fit most makes.

7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

how can you compare a sthil to a shindy? the t260 has no =

8. PLS-Tx

from Texas

Thanks, I have a 110 Edger, so I may try a 110 trimmer. It's looks like the 250 would be good to have in the trailer when we need it, just to heavy to use all day.

Anyone else use Stihl?