which Stihl?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by robbo521, Feb 7, 2007.

1. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

been looking at there MULTI-TASK MODELS which would you think to be the best all around one.would need Trimmer Attachment,Straight Lawn Edger Attachment,Mini Cultivator,Hedge Trimmer Attachment.any ideals?my dealer is 2 min away and i am going there tomorrow but want to know goods and bads before i go.

2. johng

johng LawnSite Member

Just curious but why do you want a Multi Task machine. It's not like the motors outlast the other end and you're really not saving that much money.

3. robbo521

i dont understand,no big reason,which is the best way to go?

4. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I think it depends on how busy you are. If you have time to change between edger and trimmer on every job these are ok. My 2 cents would be to get a dedicated trimmer and then a splitboom for every thing else.

5. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

we use the stihl multi task unit if you will, works awesome we have three units with all sorts of attatchments. The only suggestion would be to use a dedicated string trimmer for edging. Saves alot of time. You could go with stihl on that one , but i have found that husqavrana makes an awesome string trimmer, light easy to start and durable same one going on two seasons zero problems and i hated the idea:) of demoing the unit but was surprised by the outcome so i bought it.

6. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Take your time and save a little more and get a good trimmer FS100 is a good one and light and buy a stick edger those are the 2 you will use mostly
    I like a dedicated piece and its nice to have it ready when needed instead of loking like a homeowner switching attatchments save up you dont need them for a month anyway at least where im at

7. robbo521

yes i was just looking at the FS100.as far as edger goes i am lost,never used one,never had to.but i am doing 15 to 20 now that need it and bush trimming,and trimming on the river bank before the drop off.

8. robbo521

which Husqvarna trimmer do you have?

9. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

In my opinion I would buy seperate equipment, if the power head goes down all of your equipment is down.

Buy the best of each product you can, in the end you will be far ahead!! $$ and time!!