1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which string trimmer should I buy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lonnie, Apr 8, 2004.

1. lonnie

lonnie LawnSite Senior Member

I have narrowed it down to a few choices. Could you guys help me out. I am not real worried about the weight. More worried about power.
    1. Kawasaki KBL26A $265
    2. Shindy T2500 $330
    3. Shindy T260 $365
    4. Redmax BCZ2500S
    5. Redmax BC2600DL
  2. JON K

JON K LawnSite Member

I don't know about the ones you mentioned but I do know that STIHL is tuff as nails. I have run STIHL for 8 years with out problems.
  3. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I prefer the Shindawa over your other choices.
  4. lonnie

lonnie LawnSite Senior Member

I currently have a tanaka 2501 and have had the echo 2400. I'm just not interested in the stihl. I know a lot of people like them but there just seems to be alot of complaints about them on here.
  5. JON K

JON K LawnSite Member

Get with your local suppliers and see which one fits you the best when in use. power and price for the most part are close.
  6. lilred731

lilred731 LawnSite Member

The Shindy 2500 is more powerful than the 260. It is also lighter.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

shindawia an redmax here my choice shindawia 230 or a 260.Bar none they will cut the heads OFF the rest
  8. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

get a weedeater!
  9. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

shiny t260 because if you ever have a break down with the t260 stickedger you can replace parts needed on the road...
  10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The new FS 110 Stihl is more powerful for the weight than anything out there. I bought one recently and love it. The power is just unbelievable.