Which String Trimmer to buy?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Andy_, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Andy_

Andy_ LawnSite Member

Recommendations for string trimmer please.

Will be used by wife most of the time so weight is an issue along with ease of changing string. Also is bump head the way to go? Price is not an issue. Thanks for any replies.

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I love the Robin NB2050, 8.5 pounds, I have 3 of them, the oldest is 4 years old and a great lil trimmer. On one of mine I switched the bump head out for a manual advance head and I like it better

wayne

3. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

My wife has a husky curve shaft that she loves. Light weight and easy for a woman to handle. Plus very little vibration:waving:

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Husquvarna 323L ... Super light, well at least as light as the Robin one above, and tons of power. I don't regret mine at all and iv'e been using it all this season

5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

yup, the 323c is the curve and 323l is the strait

6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I vote for the 323L or some sort of Stihl.

7. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Stihl FS100RX.

Loved mine right until it got stolen. The replacement is a FS130R and dam that sucker is heavy compared to the 100, I am starting to get used to it though both the weight and the smooth revving engine.

The FS100RX is very light and IMO has great power.

8. torquedaddy

torquedaddy LawnSite Member

I have a stihl fs38 that my wife uses for light trimming and I use a fs110r. Lots of power and if u find it too heavy u can use a strap.:drinkup:

9. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

my gf uses a Shind. T231 with the new quickload head from shindaiwa, you don't have to take the head off to restring, just line up 2 arrows and push the string through.

10. Andy_

Andy_ LawnSite Member

Sorry I forgot to mention I want a commerical grade unit. Are these mentioned commercial? Thanks again!