Which Sulkie Do You Recomend?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Old 5 LawnCare, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Old 5 LawnCare

Old 5 LawnCare LawnSite Member

As I had mentioned in my earlier post, I am getting a new 52" Turf Tracer, I am looking for some feedback on sulkies from those of you who use them.
    I innitially did not plan on getting one. However, after pulling my akillees tendion earlier this spring, I figured it might not be too bad of an idea.
    I would like one that is well balanced (dont put too much weight on either the rear or the front of the machine), and can either fold up, or be quickly removed, as not all my lawns are not large enough to use on a regular basis.

Thanks!

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Velke...I can't remember the product name...basically the one with two wheels and the 3 point turning areas

3. Old 5 LawnCare

WOW!
    Your kidding me, They make them with two wheels?

So basically I could just make one out of scrap 2x4's, ply wood and my sons old training wheels?

Not quite the opinion I wanted

4. Clay

Clay LawnSite Member

Check out the ProSlide (no wheels... lol) Automatically folds up out of your way when you step off, and you get great stripe to boot....

Good Luck, Clay

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

hey man I said Velke. Sorry it isn't up to your rookie standards. Sorry I have so much more on my mind with customers and business to remember a product series name.

yup you'll make it far in this business

6. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

bullrider.had a velke but it made a third line.customers didn't like that at all

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

This Ones On A TT 52.

745resized.jpg

8. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

As far as a standup, I have owned and used the Bullrider. Very well built. Now I use the Exmark sitdown, steerable sulky. It is a little different because it steers with you and the machine. This seems to help on slopes and tight areas. I also stand up on it sometimes if the ground is really rough. It is not a standup/sitdown sulky persay but you can do both. Overall it works very well on my TTHP 48" 17hp Kawi e/s w/ECS controls. Good luck and demo if you can.

9. Old 5 LawnCare

Hey John,
    I'm not sure whats worse, waiting on my TT, or seing that photo of yours on every post I make. LOL! Thats one sweet Machine!
    I was going to ask you, about how long can you run on a tank of fuel?

Thanks John, Clay and Mike for your comments.

Oh Yeah Tiedman,
    "Rookie"?, I've been doing this for almost 11 years now, on and off. I work a full time job as a project engineer for APAC during the day (when I dont have to do traffic control it nite), I do my lawn maintenance every non raining minute I have. I also do landscaping work (usually on saturday and sunday) to get money for better equipment. I am trying to get most of my equipment paid for and get my cuctomers built up befor I quit my other job.

I never lo ball a job, I wont drop the trailer gate for less than $40.00, I know I do excelent work. The rest of my customers are happy to have me, if you want a cheap job, call a cheap Lawn Maintenance Company.
    I know exactly what you mean about running a business, Customers, Employees and the rest of the jaz.

I will admit, I dont know S*@* about Velky's, Sulkies, whatever you want to name them, As I felt I would never get one as the walking keeps me in better shape. However, after nearly loosing a couple accounts earlier do to the sprain/pull I figured I had better ask some people who have had experiance with probably more than one brand, to get a good one the first time rather than buy a peice of ^#@8 one and look like a "ROOKIE".

10. Old 5 LawnCare

Thanks TJLC,

I was looking at the riding attatchment, but it looked like you sat down almost below the controls? Also, I figured it woul be a little bulky, can you attatch and unatatch easily?