Which sulky?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, Jul 20, 2005.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I am seriously consitering getting a sulky for my 48" Bob-Cat WB mower, belt drive (double wide cogged belts), 15HP Kawasaki V-Twin engine. My knees are giving me trouble (not from mowing directly), and I think that getting a sulky would be a good solution (a Z-turn would be too big and bulky for my properties). Now for the questions; Will a sulky damage the drive system/shorten the life of the transmission dramatically? Will a sulky pop the front end of my mower (deck) up when I go up a small hill? Is the 15HP engine on my Bob-Cat enough? Which brand?, I am consitering Velke single wheel, Velke double wheel, NOT Proslide. At the moment I'm leaning towards the Velke single wheel. Also, I only weigh 135lbs. Thanks in advance. :)

2. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone?????????

3. steve225

steve225 LawnSite Member

I would get a proslide xt if you only way 135 ...
    Steve

4. imdawrlus

imdawrlus LawnSite Member

i bought some jungle wheels online and i've had it for a week or so and i LOVE IT........i never want to walk again....say that to someone in a wheelchair haha....but if i were u i would get a double wheeled sulkie because from what i hear the single wheel leaves a line in the middle of the stripe....

5. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Not sure where in NJ you live, but I have a set of Jungle Wheels that were on my TTHP for about 5 hours. I only replaced them because I got a great deal on a castoring sulky from another member here. If you're interested in buying them, shoot me a PM.

You'll love them and wonder why you waited so long to get a set.

6. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

I would get a proslide. Just my 0.2. :)

7. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

Velke double or Jungle wheels

8. bls47303

bls47303 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Go with a double wheel the single wheel will leave a tire mark in the middle of your stripes. On a 48 you shouldn't have any problem with the front popping up. I have a set of jungle wheels on my scag 48 belt with a 14 hp and on my 48 hydro with a 17 hp both do just fine without the front of the deck popping up.

9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I have a velke x1 on my 32". I get deck pop but because I weight 195 and 32" is already really light. If it had the double belts (like the 36" model) I would get the Velke x2. Its the best sulky on the market. I wouldn't buy anything else.

10. Lake Claire Lawn Ranger

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger LawnSite Member

I'm still looking for a tractor trailer mud flap :rolleyes: