Which sulky?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pecker, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Although this subject has been beaten to death, I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

In the market for a sulky. It is for a Toro Proline 32" WB.

Here is the criteria:
    - needs to have 2 wheels
    - needs to be able to fold up under the handlebars (preferably out of the way enough to actually be able to use the mower without the sulky without having to take it off)
    - needs to be able to detach with the pull of a pin
    - needs to be sturdy (I don't know if any are flimsy, but it has to be tough)
    - would be nice if it could pivot so that I don't have to pick it up to go in reverse

Is it out there or am I hoping for too much? Thanks in advance.

2. primecutmo

primecutmo LawnSite Member
    from SWMO

go with the jungle jims jungle wheels. i love mine and it fits all of your criteria.

3. Pecker

Thanks prime, I was looking at that one earlier because I came across it during my search. Really didn't expect anything to fit ALL my criteria, but hey, I can't complain! Also, that post I read earlier lead me to power41.com where it is $199. That sounds like a good deal considering list is $295. Thanks again.

4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Ever try a Bull-Rider? They meet all of your needs except for 1. If you want to pull it up under the handles, you do have to pull the pin and detach the main platform. Other than that they suit your criteria quite well.

5. strayer1

strayer1 LawnSite Member

take your idea's to a wleding &fabricating shop and get a estimate....you might be able to save some $.......

6. Pecker

Thanks Rick, but I would really like to be able to leave it on.

Strayer, good idea. Although during this time of year, $199 sounds reasonable as my time is spread pretty thin.

Thanks for the info and ideas guys.

7. Pecker

Also, I saw on J-Thomas that for the velke they have a no air tire. Anybody use it? Seems like it would be a little hard on the knees.

8. Wright Mfg

Wright Mfg Guest

The Two wheel Velke x2 meets all that criteria. No other two wheel sulky folds compactly under the handlebars. The x2 even folds two ways, one way more compactly and prevents it from swinging. Also it pivots 180 degrees out of your way when you back up so you don't have to pick it up.
    2 wheels
    Sturdy
    Pull pin

9. Pecker

Wright, who makes the Velke x2? Or is Velke a brand name? Or is velke another word for sulky? Thanks, sorry for all the questions.

10. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Jungle Wheels two wheeled. Awesome.