Which suspension seat for Exmark Lazer Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rdharris, Aug 24, 2011.

1. rdharris

rdharris LawnSite Member

Im looking to get a suspension seat for my lazer z to help with my back pains. Which ones have you guys had good luck with?
    Dale

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Get the full suspension seat (not the add on springs) and mount it on top of the rubber iso-mount platform. It helps tremendously. Any Michigan seat should fit (that's who makes Exmarks full suspension seat and most other manufacturers). I have one I got on Ebay for about $380 but I has Toro stamped into the back. Northern tool sells one for about $350 or so but it's black. My dealer game me a $200 credit on the standard seat so I was out about $300. Doesn't hurt to ask but $550 is the going price. They are worth it.

3. CenterTree

CenterTree LawnSite Member

Not to sound TOO dumb, but what's the difference between a "suspension seat" and the one that comes with the Lazer Z?:confused:

I am looking to replace the factory seat on an old Lazer HP and don't want to spend $350!
    :dizzy:

4. rdharris

rdharris LawnSite Member

I believe our lazer Zs seat just sits on rubber bushings, a suspension seat will have springs, shocks, more travel and better back support

5. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

can you just buy the suspension base and use the seat that came with the mower. I ask because I really like the seat on my lazer but wish it had the suspension.

6. rdharris

rdharris LawnSite Member

I have a base on the way. Its cheaper than the whole seat. we will see how it feels

7. 944own

How much was the base.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. rdharris

rdharris LawnSite Member

My uncle put in the order, I believe around $125 and goes under existing seat.

9. CenterTree

CenterTree LawnSite Member

10. 944own

Do you know where he ordered the base from. Can you post a link.