Which tiller

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Throgmorton, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Throgmorton

Throgmorton LawnSite Member

I own one of those small mantis tillers and was wanting to get a larger tiller. I realize that a rear tine tiller is easier to operate and will do a better job than a front tine tiller. The problem with a rear tine is that it can't get into corners like a front tine can. I primarily will only be tilling landscape beds. I am leaning toward purchasing a front tine and if needed I can always rent a rear tine. Please give me your opinions.

2. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Get a rear Tine and use the mantis for the corners..... best of both worlds? After all that Mantis is amazing little machine don't you think?

Mike

3. blafleur

blafleur LawnSite Member

Ditto with Morturf, I have a BCS rear tine tiller, which to me is indespensible for making new beds, and a small cultivator/tiller for corners and small areas.

Bryan

4. Throgmorton

Throgmorton LawnSite Member

thanks for the information.

5. idugaholez

idugaholez LawnSite Member

I bought one of those little Honda tillers last year... thing works great for small areas!!
    But, I ordered a new Honda fs800 rear tine this year, should be great for prepping beds and larger areas!!!