1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which trimmer and blower rack?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tray, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Tray

Tray LawnSite Member

I have Shindaiwa EB802 blower and Shindaiwa trimmers. Need a 3 slot rack for trimmers.

I read here that the Xtreme trimmer racks are popular but seem to be pretty expensive. I don't mind paying for quality. If its the best then I am good with that I just want to hear from ya'll what your using.

2. tjlco

tjlco LawnSite Senior Member

I like rack'em. www.rackemmfg.com. They are a little pricey but hold up to my careless employees, so that says something. I have the ones for the enclosed trailer, not sure how the racks for open trailer are
  3. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I have rack em's for my open and I'm not that impressed, they don't hold the trimmers snug so they roll quite often and I'm seeing wear in the shaft of the trimmers from bouncing and rolling. Personaly I like the buyers racks...they lock in and hold firm, very little movement. As for the blower rack, I have the rack em' one and have no issues with it. Just make sure your blower will fit the hook, they all have different style hooks.
  4. G. Ramey

G. Ramey LawnSite Senior Member

I use all shindaiwa equipment too. I ordered a jungle jim trailer mate two days ago it should be here later this week. I really like jungle jims single trimmer holders. They mount on top of the trailer rails and seem solid. They don,t bounce around like the three or four trimmer racks do. I will have one on each side of the trailer and one on the front of the trailer. I dont know much about the blower holders on the trailer mate, I,ll try to let you know when I get them mounted. They use a cable ran through both blowers instead of a locking mechanism of some kind. It's expensive $469 plus shipping, but if it saves a trimmer from damage or theft it will be worth it. It also holds all the small things like gas cans and trimmer string in a basket.
  5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Ive got the Xtreme 3 place rack for my open trailer. I like it - trimmers firmly locked in place. You can get 10% off of the price of these racks with the special Lawnsite code. Or, you can buy it at a trade show and get a much better deal than list price - that is what I did.
  6. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

i've had several brands xtreme are the best hands down
  7. VirginiaLawnCare

VirginiaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I use all of Green Touch's stuff and love all of it.
  8. lawnjocky

lawnjocky LawnSite Member

Don't have a blower rack but I have used Trimmer Trap for several years. I bought my first 3 trimmer rack around 1995 and we are still using it with no trouble. Put Fluid Film on it once or twice a year and that's it. I have bought several more since then and they all work well. Russo's has them on Ebay for $180. For the price and trouble free durability I would recommend Trimmer Trap.
  9. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

If youre interested I have a jungle jim 3 trimmer rack. Its mounted on my open trailer, I got it and installed it and (LOL) bought an enclosed trailer 2 weeks later, so I never used it. Make me an offer.
  10. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Jungle jim here it is great I like the locking part better then most. My trimmers don't move one bit.