Which Trimmer is Better?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Metalgear, May 7, 2002.

1. Metalgear

Metalgear LawnSite Member

OK, I've narrowed my selection to two trimmers. Which one would you go with? 1) Shindaiwa T-230
    2) Echo SRM260S
    They both are light,powerful,solidshaft. I value your opinions, since you guys do this day in and day out. Thanks!!!

2. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: metal, go redmax, i have 25 pieces of redmax equiptment and all are trouble free many are 5 years and older. tony

3. aakin

aakin LawnSite Member
    from 6

The Husqvarna 325LX is very powerful, quite, light and low vibration. It is an excellent trimmer. I suggest you at least take a look at it.

4. danzig

danzig LawnSite Member

I have an echo2601. bought new last year and i like it. Never had a shin but i hear that are good. Stihl, echo, redmax and shin are all in a dead heat. I prefer stihl or echo.

5. cglservice

cglservice LawnSite Member
    from Ky

Have a Echo 2600 , 2.5 years old has been used and used ,starts on the third pull 95% of the time and for around two hundred dollars it has paid for itself.

6. JOHN EASLEY

JOHN EASLEY LawnSite Member

ALL MAJOR BRANDS ARE GOOD. IF THEY WERE JUNK THEY WOULDNT STAY IN BUSINESS. THE REAL CHOICE SHOULD BE WHICH DEALER CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH THE BEST SERVICE AND PARTS AVAILABILITY. DONT BUY A CERTAIN BRAND IF THE DEALER DOESNT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT ASK PEOPLE IN YOUR AREA IF THEY ARE HAPPY WITH THE DEALER THEN BUY WHAT THEY SELL.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What aakin Said.
    Johnny G.:cool: :cool:

8. floydboy

floydboy LawnSite Member

I know that everyone has changed your decision and I want to add to them. I would check out Robin. All of my commercial cutters love them. Not only am I a small engine technition & salesman but I have been in the nursery business all my life. I've used about everyone of the trimmers on the market and I've had my Robin trimmer for more than thirteen years and it still runs strong. The closest trimmer to compare it to was the Echo in my opinion, but remember any trimmer will last as long as you maintain it and grease the gear box. :blob3:

9. griffin16

griffin16 LawnSite Member

I bought the ECHO 260s this year. It has not given me any problems so far. Good power, comfortable.

10. Eastview Landscaping

Eastview Landscaping LawnSite Member

I agree with all ... Every timmer is as good as the people who use /abuse it.. proper maintenance goes a long way, most of my equipment is 4 years and older. Make sure that you buy from someone who services what they sell !!!!!!!