1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Which Trimmer is Better?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Metalgear, May 7, 2002.

1. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

I only speak of echo 260s (awsome).

2. JJOHN22042

JJOHN22042 LawnSite Member
    from MA

Just bought a New 260S and works Great and starts easy.The only Bad part is it scares people sounds like a Cahinsaw.

3. BW4486

BW4486 LawnSite Member

i would go SHIN-T250 or STIHL-FS85

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Weedeater brand.

5. Tomt

Tomt LawnSite Member

I have a 2002 SRM260 and like it. I have a2003 Shin t270 and like it.
    The materials and detail are better on the Shin.

I would buy both again.

6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Shindaiwa solid shaft [excellent for edging with a long line, and a slide bore carb for excellent throttle response.
    My buddy burned up two Echo's last season using echo oil so something is up with their materials or quality control. [srm 260s]. One was still on warrenty the other just off.

7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

They stopped making this model years ago. I'd go with the T-230 , T-260, or the T-270.

8. BW4486

BW4486 LawnSite Member

ur right i meant 270 thanks

9. Granite City

Granite City LawnSite Member

I sell Echo now and I sold Shindaiwa a few years ago. Both of them make great equipment so either would be a good choice. If I were making this decision I would look at the dealer you have to purchase from. Quality equipment is easier to find than a quality dealer.

If it's man made then a man can break it.

10. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Yup, and if it's made by man, and named Echo, it will break sooner and more often. If it's made by man, and named Shindaiwa, you likely won't need dealer support. No, I don't get royalties from them, and yes, I know I sound like a broken record, but I have eight (8) shins, 6 trimmers and 2 edgers, and over the years, ONE of them has had to have the grip replaced. That's it.