Which trimmer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alemmons, Apr 3, 2010.

1. alemmons

alemmons LawnSite Member

I have tried searching but found very little info on the Swisher E4-S4000. I am considering either the Swisher or a Husqvarna 326LS. Currently most work is on a 1/2 acre but will be moving up to 5-10 at some point. I like the weight of the Husqvarna but the Swisher has a Shindaiwa motor, which I understand to be pretty good. Does anyone have experience with the Swisher or know how these two compare? I can get the Swisher for just under $300 and the Husqvarna for just over $300.

2. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just Googled Swisher and they look like carbon copies of Shindaiwa. :confused:

3. alemmons

alemmons LawnSite Member

They are made by Shindaiwa. Some agreement made in 2007 if I recall correctly. Are the hybrid motors good?

4. Merkava_4

I just ran a dealer search within 100 miles of my zip code ... "no dealers available." :D

5. alemmons

alemmons LawnSite Member

Guess I am in luck, I have about 15 within 100 miles and one about 15 miles away. Same dealer as the Husqvarna though so I am still not any closer to making a decision.

6. Merkava_4

Let me guess: you have no Shindaiwa dealers in your area?

7. alemmons

alemmons LawnSite Member

I have a Shindaiwa dealer about 25 miles away. Was just in there looking at the Stihl 90 and 110 today. The Swisher was attractive because it is a Shindaiwa motor for alot less than the Shindaiwa trimmer. I thought I was going to get it but then I noticed a lot of support for the Husqvarna 326LS. It is noticeably lighter than the Stihl or Shindaiwa, but I will sacrifice a little weight if it gets me a more durable trimmer.

8. Merkava_4

I've got it figured out now: those Swisher's are Shindaiwa T2510's and T3410's with red covers. :D

9. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

This trimmer is in stock at Costco for $249. The stick edger is also there for same price. Seems like every spring Costco will strike a deal to carry a trimmer. A couple of years ago they had a nice Kaw trimmer for sale.

10. alemmons

alemmons LawnSite Member

Costco is where I was planning on getting the Swisher. I just wasn't sure how it would compare to the Husqvarna.