1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Which Trimmer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by lindenwoodbil2013, Apr 7, 2012.

1. lindenwoodbil2013

lindenwoodbil2013 LawnSite Member

I am looking for the most powerful trimmer. Should I get a Shindaiwa or Redmax? I know Shindaiwa has speed feed and starts really easy. A guy I know says he uses Redmax and they run around $400, but I have a backpack Shindaiwa that is really good, really powerful so I thought I would keep my Shindaiwa blower and add a Shindaiwa trimmer with speed feed.

Thanks.

2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

You'll need to spend more than $400 for the most powerful trimmer w/in a commercial brand's lineup. There may be some exceptions, but I'd think you're looking at North of $550. At this power level they're real heavy...so unless you're planning to use a shoulder harness or a model with bicycle handlebars, you should be able to get a great trimmer for less than $400...and in some cases less than $300.

3. Brown & Co.

Brown & Co. LawnSite Member

Why spend that much on a trimmer your going to pay someone else $10 hr to use. I would only spend as much as the cheapest "quailty" piece of that equipment costs.