Which trimmers and blowers are best?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by powernoje, Nov 7, 2008.

?

TRIMMER/BLOWER BRAND

Poll closed Nov 15, 2008.
  1. ECHO

23.8%
  2. STIHL

50.0%
  3. RED MAX

26.2%
  1. powernoje

powernoje LawnSite Member

Hi, I am going to be upgrading my trimmer and blower for next year and I am looking at three different brands. I would like to get either an echo, a stihl or a red max. The only one that I have experience with is red max and I like them but I have heard good things about all of them. Whatever I get I will get the pro model. Also does anybody know about the Sthil 4-mix engines?
    I just wondered if they are rely any better than the 2cycle? please let me know what you prefer.

2. WH401

WH401 LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a BR600 and have been amazed by that. It runs like a raped ape and has so much torque that after I shut it off, I have the tendancy to turn my body towards the left as I walk. But if you have been happy with Redmax and the dealer is close by then stick with them, thats an important aspect of any purchase.

3. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

4. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I have two Stihl BR-600's and they are amazing. I dont really care for the 4mix trimmers and like a dumbass I sold my awsome FS-250Rs earlier due to dealer issues but of course after I sell them I get a good dealer...I think the 250's are the way to go when it comes to trimmers.

5. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

I've always used Echo - rarely if ever do I have problems with any of my handhelds.

:weightlifter:

6. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Bought a Sthil BR550 yesterday and love it so far! Going to do a good sized cleanup tomorrow with it so we'll really put it to the test then

7. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I have to vote for Redmax. That's all I run, and love all of them.

Tru-Hustler likes this.
  8. powernoje

powernoje LawnSite Member

Please let me know how that goes. Thanks

9. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

:laugh::laugh:ROFL I just bought my 600 this week!! I can relate!!!

10. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

This is kind of hard for me to vote on because my favorite trimmer and my favorite blower are different brands. For that matter my favorite hedge trimmer is a different brand than the blower and string trimmer. Oh hell, they all make good stuff just depends on or personal preference.